Academic Struggles of Students and Possible Solutions
In this blog, I will be discussing with you some of the Academic Struggles of Students and Possible Solutions.
In life, people face a lot of struggles and our dear students are not left out as theirs affects their academic performance.
Many students suffer my struggles in their academic career and this leads to poor academic performance.
Students face different types of struggles in their academic career and this struggles pull them back from achieving their dreams.
I don’t know how long you searched but I can assure you that naijaschoolz.com is here today with your answers.
At times, students do not even realize that these struggles is what is pulling the back in their academic career.
These struggles may come as a result of overdoing your popular hobbies, fatigue, delays and so on.
Eventually, these struggles are not a death sentence as there are possible solution to end them.
Academic Struggles of Students
Some of the Academic Struggles students face are as follows:
This is act of not attending Class regularly.
Student absent themselves from classes to attend to their miscellaneous activities outside the school.
Students who are often absent from classes tends to have a poor academic performance.
This is because they missed when most of the important topics were taught for they were absent.
How can a student pass an examination when he/she is not often in school?
Poor Reading Habits
How often do you read as a student?
As a student, you are supposed have reading habit, this helps in students academic performance.
Regular reading of books saves students the pressure of wanting to finish a textbook a night before the examination.
Delays on Assignments
Some Students have the impression of “I will do my assignments later, there is still time”.
However, these students end up not solve the assignment or may solved it late.
Delay is a very bad vice and you need to eliminate from your life as a student.
Delay makes students to have poor academic performance, in the case of not meeting up with the deadline to submit the assignments.
Examination or Test Anxiety
Most students develop anxiety few moments before the exam or test begins.
This is because of the fear of failing the test and the lack of no courage in oneself.
Some students after they must have read their books to prepare for examination, still lacks the courage in themselves that they will pass the examination.
Anxiety makes student not to be focused on the examination, it some times leads to poor academic performance.
One student forgot the spelling of his Surname in an examination hall because he developed anxiety.
Most of the students in college are on scholarship because their families may not be able to sponsor through.
Such a student losing scholarship makes it very difficult for the students to continue with his academic career.
This may happened when the validity of the scholarship elapse or due to bad attitude of the student towards his academic career.
At times, students tends to lose their scholarship if their academic performance is low.
Possible Solutions to End Academic Struggles of Students
- Attend classes and more importantly be punctual and active in the classes, ask questions if you have any.
- Develop a good reading habit. Don’t just read because your exam is fast approaching. Read because you want to learn.
- Always solve your assignments on time. Visit your teachers, ask them the expectations of the assignment or examination.
- Do not hesitate to solve these assignments for delay is dangerous. Stop giving time to solve the assignment, there is no better time than the present.
- To avoid developing anxiety on the exam hall, arrive to the exam hall 30 minutes before the exam starts.
- Be confident about what you have read, be courageous that you can pass the particular course even if it’s a difficult course.
- When you are on scholarship, do not waste your time in school, read harder than the rest. Be focused on what brought you to the college.
- Also, the students attitudes towards the teachers, school management and fellow students determine whether the scholarship would last longer( if the school gave you a scholarship).
This is all we have for you on Academic Struggles of Students and Possible Solutions.
Thank you for your time, I really hope this article can help as many students as possible.
I still remain your humble friend Mr. Paschal, use the comment section on this post if you have any problems, questions or concerns. I’ll be there to help you in my own little way.
To get latest gist on education system, subscribe to our website.
8 Best Practices to follow for students Motivation