Today we’ll be looking at how to apply for the prestigious NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship 2020/2021 for Nigerian students.
We all know that every year, NNPC/SNEPCo encourage Nigerian students to do better academically by offering them scholarships.
This scholarship programme will see successful candidates through their second year to their final year.
That is to say, they will continue to receive this grant yearly till they complete their undergraduate program provided they maintain high academic standards as outlined in the award letter. This is awesome, isn’t it?
This scholarship has helped and is still helping a lot of students. If you notice, most bright students come from very poor homes.
They find it hard to meet up financially. But since the inception of this scholarship, so many students have benefited from it and many will still benefit from it.
To show how important this scholarship is to students, they have been searching online for things like:
- NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship program 2020
- Is NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship 2020 out?
- How to apply for the scholarship program
- Deadline for the registration etc
In this article, you will get answers to your questions. We have also provided the link and an easy guide to enable you register successfully without stress. So, Let’s get started.
Is NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship form 2020/2021 out?
YES it is! The NNPC/SNEPCo form is out online. Interested and Qualified candidates can now apply
Before applying for the scholarship program, make sure you’re eligible. To be eligible;
- You must a Nigerian
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian Federal or State University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- You must have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
Before you start your registration, make sure you have a scanned copy the following ;
- Jamb or university admission letter
- A recent passport photograph of not more than 200kb (white background)
- Your jamb result
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable.
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Academic results for 100 level for 2018/2019 Academic Session
How to apply for the NNPC/SNEPCo 2020 scholarship for Nigerian students
- Log in to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account. Make sure you use a valid email during this registration.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/
- enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, follow the steps below to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
- Female students are greatly encouraged to apply
- The form is free of charge. You don’t have to pay a dime for it
- If you already have a scholastica account, just login to your scholastica account and apply for the scholarship. You don’t have to worry yourself. Your details have been saved already. Click here to open your log in to your scholastica account https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/apply/5094
- You can only apply for the scholarship on the scholastica website. Do not be scammed!
Deadline for the application
All application forms must be submitted on or before 28th August 2020.
Interested candidates should take note of this information.
This is all we have for you on this hot gist. Do not forget to share this article. So many students need to see this.
Moreover, do not forget to subscribe to our blog to get the latest edu gists via your email. Join the naijaschoolz community today!