Diets That Improves Brain Functionality

Top 5 Diets That Improves Brain Functionality When Studying

In this blog, I will be discussing with you top 5 Diets That Improves Brain Functionality When Studying.

Do you know that there are foods that improve how your brain function while you study?

Just as a car needs fuel to run, your body also need some certain diets to improve the brain functionality when studying.

Have you been searching for foods to eat when studying? Well,

I don’t know how long you searched but I can assure you that is here today with yours answers.

These foods helps you to read, understand and retain what you have read effectively.

Today, we are going to share with you the top 5 diets that improves Brain functionality when studying

Top 5 Diets That Improves Brain Functionality When Studying

Diets that Improves Brain Functionality When Studying are as follows:


Fish which gives Omega-3s. Omega-3s  are vital food nutrients for proper brain functioning. It can help you stay sharp while studying. 

Research over the years shows that Omega-3s are a wonderful way to maintain concentration abilities, brain capacity and general alertness. It can be obtained from oily, cold water fish.

Vegetarians need not to worry about this source of omega-3s for they can obtain theirs from vegetables, such as hemp protein and flax seeds.


Do you know that eating foods(breakfast) that contains protein reduces anxiety? Protein. Protein is also important for sustained energy.

Some Sources of protein includes: milk (low in fat), egg white, soy foods, protein meats etc.


Water is one of the basic necessities of life which plays a very important role in the functionality of the body.

Research shows that the 75% of the liquid running through human veins contains water while the remaining 25% contains blood.

Proper intake of Water alleviates all signs of dehydration when studying.

Apart from all these roles, water is also among the top 5 diets that improves brain functionality when studying.

Proper intake of water is very important to brain functioning. Drink a lot of water in the morning before studying.

To ensure you stay hydrated and mentally focused, carry a bottle of water along with you to while studying.

Carbohydrates (complex carbohydrates)

The brain uses brain as fuel to function. However, the simple sugars in sodas and candy burn up too quickly to give steady energy when studying.

This is why I recommend complex carbohydrates to give you steady when studying. Human brains need twice the amount of energy as the rest of the cells in our bodies to function properly.

Sources of complex carbohydrates are: fresh fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, beans and other legumes.

Fruits and Vegetables

Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body cells from reduces the oxidative damages.

Fruits like apples, prunes, berries, pecans Artichokes are rich in antioxidants.

When you are focused, well-nourished, and satisfied, it improves the brain functionality and you study better.

Thank you for your time, I really hope this article can help as many students as possible.

I still remain your humble friend Mr. Paschal, use the comment section on this post if you have any problems, questions or concerns. I’ll be there to help you in my own little way.

To get latest gist on education system, subscribe to our website.

See Also:

10 Tips on How to Survive University Life in Nigeria 





Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *